Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Perfect Day by Lauraine Snelling


Two mothers. Two children. One tragedy. One miracle.


Nora Peterson has two children--twins, a boy and girl, who are seniors in high school. She wants their last Christmas as a family living in the same home to be perfect, but her husband is delayed returning from a business trip abroad. And then there's an accident--a fatal one involving a drunk driver.
Meanwhile, Jenna Montgomery has a daughter who needs a new heart.
One woman’s loss becomes the miracle the other has desperately prayed for. And while one mother grieves, and pulls away from her family, the other finds that even miracles aren't always easy to receive.

Okay, it being near Christmas time I figured I’d begin reading some Christmas fiction. The first book on my list was One Perfect Day. Let me just tell you that when I first started this book I knew there would be times when I would want to abandon. Just reading the synopsis on the back made my heart hurt, so I knew the actual story wasn’t going to be any better. For the first few chapters I got to know the characters, and like every other fiction reader I got attached to some of them. I seem to always have my favorite characters in books these days, but maybe it’s the same with everyone. Well, going into this story I wasn’t completely sure who was going to eventually die, so I went ahead like normal. Oh, my heart was devastated when I found out that my character, Charlie was the one that died in the car accident. Moving on, I have to say how hard it was to read both sides of this story. One side you have a grieving mother who just lost her only son, and then you have a mother that is rejoicing for her twenty year-old daughter who just got a new heart. You know that both of these stories connect somewhere. And you guess it has something to do with the heart. To sit back and read this is like being there with the characters, watching their heartaches and hearing the heart’s cry for relief. Lauraine Snelling has done an amazing job with this story, making it very believable. To say that both of their stories didn’t end well is a lie. We know that nothing can really lessen the blow of a death, but in time the pain does lessen. This story really showed me that you cannot plan you life out, expecting it to go the way you want it. Only the Lord knows the number of days you have on this earth, and it is best to leave that up to Him. Thanks Lauraine for letting us see just how precious a life really is!

Have an amazing week, and a blessed Thanksgiving.
Em<333

2 comments:

  1. This has been on my Wishlist for quite some time and now I am moving it to the top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Mol! It was an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete