Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hello Hurricane by Switchfoot


Have you ever had a band that you've followed from their early years? Well, Switchfoot happens to be one of those bands for me. Although I haven't followed them from their debut CD in 1997, I've followed them since their CD, Learning To Breathe, which came out in 2000. To be honest, I think all Switchfoot fans have been waiting for their newest release, Hello Hurricane, since the band announced their new record. From the first song Needle In a Haystack Life to the closing song Red Eyes, you'll find yourself bopping your head, enjoying the totally awesome guitar solos and catchy tunes that are well known to Switchfoot fans. With songs like The Sound and Mess of Me, the rock tunes come through the speakers, causing you to tap your feet along with the songs. As with other bands, you can find the hint of Christianity they add to their songs. Usually it's only noticeable for Christians that keep their ears open for any hint of lyrics pertaining to God. I'd say the most obvious one on this CD would be Free, probably one of my favorite songs on this album. As the song says, "There's a hole in my heart, but my hope is not in me at all. I had a dream that my chains were broken, broken open. Free." This song is very deep, yet still has that catchy tune that is typical for Switchfoot. All in all I'd say this album was really great, and I'd give it two thumbs up. Fans won't be disappointed with this CD, and all the people out there that are just starting to listen to them will enjoy it just as much!

So in an earlier post, Thanksgiving was mentioned, and to remember what we're thankful for. I'd like to share what I'm thankful for. So, here goes: I'm thankful for everything God has bless me with- my family, friends, a roof over my head, and the freedom to worship Him freely. I'm also thankful for Jesus. Without Him, I know without a doubt that I wouldn't be here today, and I'll always be thankful for what He's done in my life.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families, and may God bless you!

Love in Jesus,
Elyssa =)

3 comments: