Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An Amish Christmas


An Amish Christmas is absolutely fabulous! I’ve never read a better Christmas book in all my life. Just the way all three of the stories intertwine made this book unique and beautiful.

Synopsis:

A Miracle for Miriam: Miriam fell for Seth, but he broke her heart. Years later, after he's nearly killed in an accident, Miriam sees him at a Christmas party and notices something is different about him-not just how he looks, but how he acts. When Seth pursues her, she must decide whether to guard her heart or accept his love.

A Choice to Forgive: Lydia has loved two men in her life. Daniel disappeared one Christmas Eve long ago, leaving only a note saying he wanted to live in the Englisch world. And Elam, Daniel's brother, to whom she has been happily married for 15 years. When Elam dies, Lydia gives up on ever loving again. But she is shocked when Daniel wants to return to the Order and her life.

One Child: The birth of one child forever changed the world two thousand years ago. On this snowy Lancaster Christmas Eve, another child will change the world of two couples.

My Review:

A Miracle for Miriam is a story about love and accepting each other as we are. I truly felt like I could relate to the characters, their feelings portrayed amazingly. This story just filled my heart with love as I read it. To believe it or not I almost finished the entire story in one afternoon, but had to peel myself away from it for the sake of time. Oh, there are so many things I could say about this story, but I don’t want to give it away. Kathy Fuller did an amazing job writing this, and I thank her for the letting me go along for the ride.

A Choice to Forgive. Beth Wiseman has to be one of my favorite authors that write Amish books, and when I found out she would be part of this wonderful three in one book I was so excited. A Choice to Forgive was amazing, the story definitely one about undying love. It showed me that God always has a plan for us, and not matter how things look the end will always be great. I loved reading this story, especially after reading the previous one; and seeing some of the characters from before. I always love when authors tie in some familiar characters and Beth did it beautifully. Once again it was an honor to once again read one of Beth Wiseman’s stories, they are truly always beautiful.

One Child. Well, this is actually the first story I’ve read from Barbra Cameron and I must say it was astounding. The plot was interesting, telling the story of a married couple that has been waiting for God to give them a baby. It was touching to read about their struggles and to see them realize that all things happen in God’s timing. It always seems like every time I read a book I learn something. Trust me, knowing something and finally understanding it is two different things. I will definitely be following this author to see what she will come out with in the future.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Em<333

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! You are truly amazing at your reviews, sweet Emily! Blessings and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're going to make me cry. Thank you so much, Molly. You are truly wonderful yourself!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete