Friday, November 20, 2009

A Christmas Carol!


Ebenezer Scrooge begins the Christmas holiday with his usual miserly contempty, barking at his faithful clerk and cheery nephew. But when the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come take him on an eye-opening journey revealing truths Old Scrooge is reluctant to face, he must open his heart to undo years of ill will before it's too late.

What do Patrick Stewart, The Muppets, and Jim Carrey all have in common? They've all starred in different versions of A Christmas Carol. In the newest release of the classic story, Jim Carrey plays Ebenezer Scrooge, who hates anything pertaining to Christmas. All of us are familiar with the story, how Scrooge goes through his past, present, and future all in one night, and how he has a change of heart in the end. Although this was an animated version, it was the classic story, filled with memorable characters and parts you'll be talking about for days after you watch it. It definitely got me into the Christmas mood, and got me singing the carols that were in it. When I went to see this movie, I went in knowing that it already had great reviews. Despite it being freezing in the theater, the wet, sticky, floor, and the people talking throughout the whole thing (lol), I'd say I really enjoyed this movie. I was a little disappointed, though, to see the kids in the theater laughing when the ghosts came to visit, and even in the beginning when the dead Jacob Marley's face is shown. As we all know, nothing about the story is funny, and it made me sad to see the kids thinking that ghosts are humorous. But on the upside, the animation was great, and even though I didn't see it in 3-D, I heard it was amazing. The movie definitely had the Christian message weaved throughout it, just like Charles Dickens had in his book. From what I hear, the movie followed the book closely, so if you're a Dickens fan, you won't be disappointed. Whether young or old, your whole family will love the classic tale of Scrooge and his "humbug!" outlook on life. This one definitely gets two thumbs up!

Love in Jesus,
Elyssa =)

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Disney train tour that featured this movie and got to see the sneak preview in 3D and behind the scenes stuff. It looked very interesting, but my 2 yr old was scared in the sneak preview...so I can't really take her to see the movie. The graphics are excellent though and it was very interesting to see how they made this movie. I'm a new follower through bookblogs on ning. Great blog and stop by sometime and say "hi" - Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks so much, and I hope you enjoy our blog! God bless!

    ReplyDelete