Thursday, February 18, 2010

When The Morning Comes by Cindy Woodsmall


Her relationship with fiancé Paul Waddell in tatters, Hannah Lapp has fled her secluded Old Order Amish community in hopes of finding a new home in Ohio with her shunned aunt. Hampered by limited education and hiding her true identity, Hannah struggles to navigate the confusing world of the Englischers.

Will the countless opportunities in her new life persuade Hannah that her place is amongst the Englischers or will she give in to her heart’s call to return home and face the past?

There are so many words that I could use to describe this book, but none of them, at the moment, fit the bill. When the Morning Comes by Cindy Woodsmall was definitely a story that gripped my heart since the first time I read it, making me wish that it would never end. The book opened right where the first one left off, almost like you didn’t miss a beat of Hannah Lap’s life. While the first book is about all the events that take place to bring Hannah on this venture to Ohio, When the Morning Comes tells of all the triumphs of Hannah’s life afterwards. As I read the first book I couldn’t help but wonder how it would all end, yet as I read this one it only intensified my longing to find out. Hannah has left her home in Owls Perch, Pennsylvania and has set out to find her shunned Aunt, who lives in Winding Creek, Ohio. So many things happen to her one this journey, things that I know will stay in my heart. She becomes acquainted with her father’s sister and her- adopted family- so to speak. She meets up with (my favorite) the wealthy, Martin Palmer, who in time plays a very big part in the outcome of Hannah’s story. I know I said that the first book was one of the best books out there, but When the Morning Comes has to be-for me anyway- the best book I’ve read yet. A definite two thumbs up for this book, and trust me if I had more thumbs they’d be up there too.

Have a amazing day,
Em<333



*This book was purchased by me for my own collection*

No comments:

Post a Comment