Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Secret by Beverly Lewis


In the seemingly ordinary Amish home of Grace Byler, secrets abound. Why does her mother weep and wander in the night? And why does her father refuse to admit something is dreadfully wrong? Then, in one startling moment, the quiet life Grace has known is irrevocably altered, leaving her to question all she has been taught about love, family, and commitment.

What would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night to find your mother leaving you and your family with no explanation as to why? And what if you father wouldn't do anything about what was going on? Follow Grace Byler and her family as she finds out what's really behind all that's going on with her loved ones. Beverly Lewis is definitely one of my all-time favorite authors, so when I heard there was a new series coming out earlier this year, I pretty much freaked out. The Secret has the story of Grace, Lettie, and Judah Byler, as well as Heather Nelson, an Englisher that finds her way to Lancaster County. Although a little slow at times, I found my attention getting captured and wondering why Mrs. Lewis can't write faster. This book definitely wasn't a disappointment, because I know from personal examination (this may just be my opinion) that the first in Mrs. Lewis' series usually capture your attention, the second always leaves you dying for the last one, and the final book is always the best. And because of that, I'm definitely looking forward to reading more about Grace and the rest of the gang. Full of mystery, heartache, and confusion, The Secret is one that will leave you guessing until the end, and even then you'll still be dying to know what happens.


Love in Jesus,
Elyssa

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She writes awesome books! However, I haven't read this one yet and you just teased me! I will definitely be adding this to my wishlist! Great job on the reviews, Elyssa!!!

    Blessings and love!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks so much, Molly! I hope you enjoy it when you do read it!

    ReplyDelete