Monday, October 19, 2009

Relient K- Forget and Not Slow Down!


Alright this review is pretty hard for me to write being an absolute HUGE Relient K fan. So, I’ll have to ask you to bear with me. Relient K always amazes me with each new album they release whether it’s the songs they started out singing with their funny but serious way; or their more matured sound. Either way, I think, they hit the ball each and every time they put lead to paper. Forget and Not Slow Down is as they call it more of a break-up CD. It’s a compilation of songs that lift your spirits and just make you feel good. As for the Christian side, I have to be honest and say that I still haven’t detected anything in this particular album. Every time I buy a Relient K CD I expect to find somewhat of a hint of Christianity, and every time so far I have found just that. But with this one it seems like they focused more on other things. I haven’t found that in all the years of listening to this band that they have stuck to just one theme throughout their albums, it was always just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. But as I listen to Forget and Not Slow Down I find that this album focuses more on getting through emotional turmoil such as a bad break-up. Like the lead singer Matt Theissen says, “It’s hard to forget and move on emotionally, but sometimes it’s better for you. You have to keep the bigger picture in mind. If you’re feeling sorry for yourself or reflecting on things that aren’t good, you’re not being productive. So to move forward is to concentrate on ‘What can I do better?’ That’s the whole idea of the record.”
I would definitely say that Relient K had matured in their music, making a much better quality and sound. But if you are a fan of Relient K then you know that no matter where this band goes with their sound and quality, that you will follow them wherever. I truly do love this album, and feel that Relient K just gets better and better as the years go by. But, like I said before, it would’ve been amazing to hear a little bit more about God in these songs. Don’t get me wrong there are some great songs on this CD such as: “I Don’t Need a Soul”, “Over It”, “Sahara”, and “If You Believe Me”.
Over all I would give this CD two thumbs up. Relient K truly lives up to their amazing reputation with this album!

Have an amazing day,
Em<333

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this band before but I am glad you wrote this review, Emily! I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Molly! This is my favorite band EVER, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete